Christ Caring for People Through People
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
What is a Stephen Minister?
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregational member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faith-fully for about an hour a week, for as long as there's a need.
Why Become a Stephen Minister?
Here's what Stephen Ministers frequently say about their training:
- Stephen Minister training teaches principles and skills that equip you to provide high-quality, christ-centered emotional and spiritual care to others.
- You gain insight into the thoughts, feelings, and actions of people who are hurting.
- You develop relational and caring skills you can apply to all aspects of your life.
- You deepen your faith as the Holy Spirit fashions you into a Christ-centered caregiver.
- You feel a special bond with those in your class-experiencing real Christian community.
Stephen Minister training is a lot of fun.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all face challenges in life - times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or Separation
- Loneliness or Discouragement
- Spiritual Crisis
- Unemployment or Job loss
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And Many more
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remain private.