Who We Are
We are a people of faith in Christ Jesus who work to live a life of purpose by inviting all people into a growing, transforming, and meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ and to experience the joy of a life lived in faith and supported by community. We respond to the gift of a transforming faith by supporting all God’s children compassionately, serving as the heart, hands and feet of Jesus Christ in this world so that all will come to know God’s love personally and intimately.
See the St. John's Lutheran Church Team.
Grow in Faith – Experience Joy – Respond in Compassion
Our mission is to lead all generations into a deep and transforming relationship with Jesus Christ - praying and supporting others in their own walk of faith so that they can live a life where they thrive and flourish. Wherever you are on your faith journey, we welcome you to our spiritual home where all are welcome and encouraged to join as we grow in faith. Jesus Christ is the center of our faith and life together, we trust in His love to change us as we come to know the true depth of His grace. We believe the Church operates as an extended family – where we seek to care for one another in authentic, joy-filled and life-giving relationships. We are dedicated to putting our faith into action by striving to make a caring and understanding difference in the lives of our neighbors and the world in practical, realistic ways.
We see St. John’s filled with diverse people living relevant lives expressed by their vibrant faith and compassionate acts of love
Vibrant Faith – Compassionate Hearts – Meaningful Life
We become a community of “Vibrant Faith” when:
- We love God whole heartedly
- We listen for God’s voice and direction in our lives
- We depend on God’s power and wisdom for our daily lives
We become a community of “Compassionate Hearts” where:
- We see the world through God’s eyes
- We act on God’s direction and guidance
- We extend God’s love to those we meet
We become a community of “Meaningful Life” where:
- We live our lives with anticipation and purpose
- We experience transformed lives
- We contribute to God’s plan with meaning and lasting impact
- We find unexpected blessings and joy in daily living
Our Culture and Values
Our values describe and prescribe qualities we want to create in our community as we live into our mission and vision.
- We are a church centered on Jesus and centered on scripture
- Our lives are based on pursuing a healthy, vital today so we may thrive tomorrow.
- Our lives are shaped in authentic Christian community as a necessary context in which spiritual growth can occur.
- We choose to believe the best about others
- Our faith is expressed through action as empowered by the Holy Spirit to express God’s love compassion and
justice in our world.
- We live as the hands feet and heart of Jesus
We reflect the diversity of God’s family that surrounds us, appreciating all God’s people in joy